The date is set, the venue is chosen, and the guest list is complete … time to knuckle down and address all those decisions about your actual wedding invitations.
First – in this day of everything electronic – do you send invitations electronically or via paper and snail mail? While electronic will save on not only paper but also those horrendous postage costs, a quick perusal on the internet and you’ll see that paper is still the preferred mode to communicate this special event. And, believe it or not, there are those that either a. don’t check their email account that often or b. aren’t electronically connected at all. You’ll need to get paper invitations for those living the “unplugged” lifestyle anyway.
As you head down this path, remember that your wedding invitations are the most visible item associated with your special day. Everyone opens the invitation – and even those that cannot attend the ceremony will get a feel for your vibe just from the invite. The paper, the print, the font, and the wording should capture the essence of that most special of days.
- http://www.yellowrage.com/krabik/2178 The paper? There are no less than 10 different types of paper options for your wedding invitation! In the interest of time and space, just the big 4 are listed here, but head on over to www.jodilogik.com if you want more options, information, and the history of paper!
- So, the big 4:
- Cotton fiber (can you say classy?)
- Linen finish (love that texture!)
- Recycled (for the Eco-Chic)
- Vellum (a clear, frosted layer)
- So, the big 4:
Just be sure your choice is adequately heavy to “feel” important, but not so thick that it doesn’t take to printing well – or adds to the weight for postage. In general, use at least 80lb stock – but 100lb is preferable.
- kennenlernen vergangenheit The print? There are four main print processes – letterpress, engraved, thermography (which looks like engraved but with a better price point), and flat printing. Be sure to examine your preference and its price point balanced against your budget before making a firm decision.
- great profile examples for online dating The font? Quite frankly, use what you like. Just keep in mind that the more cursive, the more formal it feels. Less formal weddings can choose the font of their choice. Just make sure it is easily readable.
- rencontres aéronautiques gimont 2011 The wording? Wording also sets the tone for your special day. And there are a plethora of sites out there that provide examples. There are so many that – trust me – when you come across something you like – just go with it! My favorites include: www.minted.com, www.marthastewartweddings.com, www.realsimple.com, and www.emilypost.com.
The click for more info extreme basics to include on the invitation or in the envelope are:
- Your full name and the name of your fiance’ (obviously)
- The date, time, and location of the wedding
- The time and location of the reception on a separate reception card – unless your reception is at the same location as the ceremony, in which you simply state “Reception to follow”
- RSVP information on the invite or a return card and envelope – ask for return at least 1 week before the final numbers are needed by the caterer. Guaranteed someone is going to have to do some chasing down of responses, so a little extra time before your head count is due is wise – and welcome. And if you’re using response cards, consider numbering them – lightly on the back side – in case guests neglect to write their names in when RSVPing.
If you have a specific level of dress that you are requesting or recommending, that information can be included on the lower right corner of the invite – black tie, cocktail attire, semi-formal, or resort casual are all options.
speed dating gda sk Other insert options:
- Rehearsal details for your wedding party or other guests of honor for your rehearsal event.
- Information cards with lodging recommendations, transportation details, or any other activities that might be occurring – cocktail reception after the rehearsal, brunch the morning after, coffee at Starbucks the day of. You choose what might be helpful, informational, and fun for your invitees! Or refer them to your wedding website again with all the details.
site rencontre matchtoi Timing: Order those invitations at minimum 4 months prior to your wedding and be sure you know your recourse for mistakes. The invitations should be sent out least 8-12 weeks before your wedding day. Even if you have sent a “save the date”, the date won’t be deemed “out of commission” for guests until the actual invitation arrives. Consider sending them out even earlier if you have guests traveling from a long distance.
Be sure to order 10% more than you think you need. Nothing is worse than to be in the process of addressing envelopes and find out you are out of invitations and envelopes (that actually happened to a close relative of mine – and the short-order replacements were mismatched – YIKES!)! Plus – there are always a few mistakes that need to be discarded. And any leftovers make great keepsakes for you or your families.
- Proper etiquette says “no abbreviations” on the invitation itself or the addresses.
- Use full names. There are a lot of etiquette details around naming conventions. Check www.marthastewartweddings.com for specifics – and then decide how etiquette- driven you want to be.
- Don’t use too swirly of calligraphy for address the envelope – or they might be returned to you as undeliverable! (it has happened) Not a good start to getting that final headcount!
- The return address goes on the back flap – and it should be the address of the person designated to receive response cards or early gifts. The RSVP envelope should be pre-addressed with the same address and should include postage.
- Before you buy stamps, head to the post office to have an assembled invitation weighed. If you need extra postage, it’s best to know from the get-go. Also, this is the time to get those wedding-themed stamps! (I love them!)
- Finally, see if it is possible for your envelopes to be hand-stamped. This provides a more attractive stamp than if they run through an automatic sorter. Certainly not a game changer, but little details like that simply add to the recipient’s excitement.
So now you need to start looking for vendors that can support the vision you have for your day … first up: harley bekanntschaften browse around this web-site The Photographer! Check back for special hints and helps to ensure your choice is a good one!